Monday, February 9, 2015

So much has changed......

So Much has changed since I last posted here!

Who would have known that shortly after my last post, our little town would have been hit with a damaging amount of water.  The flood of 2013 will always be remembered as a big life-changing event in the history of this town, and to those who experienced it.

Our gallery and home were hit hard by that wall of water, and even today not everything has been repaired.  Slowly, slowly, the town is rebuilding.  "They" say that it will take 5 years before things are running as before.  We are only a year and a half into that 5 years.  I have had to learn a lot more about patience, and thinking sideways.  I've also learned to be more present to the moments in front of me.

I'm excited today about the big event coming up this weekend.  My friend and I will be painting on-stage at the Empress Theatre in Fort Macleod for an ALS Fundraiser.  "Songs for Ken", a project of love for John Wort Hannam, is a fund raiser to help raise money for the society that may some day find a way to put an end to this disease.  Here's a link to the event.

http://www.fortmacleodgazette.com/2015/singer-songwriter-john-wort-hannam-honours-friend-with-als-fund-raiser/

This week I will attempt to give myself 2 hours to try and successfully complete a painting, 48" x 48" in acrylic.  I need to practice as I don't usually work in this medium, and certainly not this size!

Wish me luck!

If you would like to hear the song John wrote for his friend Ken, "Hello My Beautiful Friend", you can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQbcW4i5VYU

This week let your beautiful friends know how much they mean to you.....






No comments: